THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED BEGINNING THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd THRU FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 18th. PLEASE CONTACT SAM DUGGAN AT THE CITY OF WINNEMUCCA BUILDING DEPARTMENT TO SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION OR OBTAIN A PERMIT. SAM'S CONTACT INFORMATION IS:
90 W FOURTH ST, WINNEMUCCA
Beginning January 1, 2017 the following will take effect:
- Residential Patio Covers / Porches that are self supporting and 200 square feet or less will not require a permit.
- Residential detached storage buildings 400 square feet or less can be constructed on pressure treated skids.
- The size of a residential pole building has been changed so that a 40 feet wide by 50 foot length by 14 feet high building can be constructed without engineering.
Please make sure to contact the Humboldt County Building Department for permit requirements on your project.
Service is Our Number One Goal
- Our staff has made a commitment to provide courteous, accurate, and timely service
- Educate the public in building construction requirements
- Continue to make improvements and gain knowledge which will assist the public
All rules and regulations shall be enforced consistently for everyone.
Why We Adopt & Enforce Building Codes by a Permit Process
Codes are adopted to safeguard life, limb, health, property, and public welfare.
By regulating the design, construction, materials, use and occupancy, egress, and location on the property, we can maintain a standard.
Remember- codes are a minimum standard.