Members of the Public,
Welcome to Humboldt County’s Human Resources website. This site is a place where careers begin and employee skills are enhanced. The Human Resources Department delivers talent for the future. As an employer of choice, Humboldt County provides opportunities for applicants interested in personal growth and building their community. Below are just some of the items included in our comprehensive benefits package, which is valued at approximately one-half of an employee’s salary:
- Employer-paid dental, vision, and basic life insurance (employee only)
- Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada benefits
- Long-term disability for most employees at no cost
- Deferred compensation programs
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave programs
- Cafeteria section 125 benefits
- Educational assistance
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with work/life balance
- Extensive wellness services
- Organizational health initiative focusing on employee well-being
- Training and development opportunities
The mission of Humboldt County Human Resources is to ensure that Humboldt County continues to be an employer of choice. As an equal opportunity employer, Humboldt County is committed to attracting and retaining a skilled, competent and diverse workforce that is representative of our community. Our highly qualified and skilled employees are motivated to serve the citizens of Humboldt County.
Abel del Real-Nava, eMBA, IPMA-SCP, SHRM-CP Assistant County Manager/Human Resources Director
Humboldt County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate of the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or national origin in the activities and/or services that it provides.