govinfo including information on individual publications or collections of content, or view an alphabetical list of collections, publications, other resources, and external partner sites.
Humboldt County Library provides access to resources that can help with schoolwork, no matter what the grade level.
- Prepare for important exams like the ACT®, SAT®, AP® Tests, and more.
- Achieve your undergrad goals and prepare for future success. Includes math, reading, grammar, writing, and sciences skills review, CLEP and college placement exam preparation.
- Video courses to learn popular software and computer basics.
- Guided support and preparation to help you earn a high school equivalency credential.
- Resources for reading, writing, math, science, and social studies (Elementary, Middle, and High school levels)
Gale Testing and Education Center: Testing & Education Reference center offers a variety of resources for education, lifelong learning, and academic research. Whether you are looking for peer-reviewed articles; full-text magazines, newspapers, and eBooks; primary source documents; and videos or podcasts.
FIND A PEER - REVIEWED ARTICLE
- EBSCO is the leading provider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, eBooks and discovery service for academic libraries, public libraries, corporations, schools, and government.
- Includes 16 social studies research and curriculum databases designed to improve students’ inquiry skills and to deepen their understanding of history, contemporary issues, and global cultures. :
- : Students, teachers, library patrons, and businesses can use more than 100,000 maps for school reports, school lesson plans, personal research projects, and business reports.
- Supports both student research and classroom instruction with rich, reliable content and easy-to-use functionality. Subject areas covered include science, math, literature, history, and geography.
- : Covering both U.S. and world history topics. History Reference Center is a full-text database featuring historical reference books, magazines, journals and thousands of primary source documents.
- Includes over 400 issues. Points of View Reference Helps students assess and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues, and develop analytical thinking skills.
World Book: World Book Online is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related websites.
- : Dramatic Learning can help students become more fluent readers, understand core concepts, and internalize content.
- This comprehensive database includes engaging content, built-in features, and fun tools specifically designed to make knowledge accessible and easy-to-find for all kids in elementary through middle school. :
- Browse existing timelines in subjects such as art, literature, notable people, parts of the world, science and technology, sports, and world history to visualize the cause and effect relationship between events.